|Healthy Diet Plans >> Allergy Relief >> Food Allergy Treatment|
Food Allergy Treatment
Many people think that in order to treat a food allergy you need to first figure out which food is causing the allergy and then simply avoid it. But it is not always so simple and hence you need to understand your food allergies a little better, in order to know how to treat it. The first thing to remember is that if you have severe allergic reactions then always carry a self-injectable form of epinephrine, or adrenaline. These medications can stop an anaphylactic reaction. They are available at pharmacies with a doctor’s prescription.
Some of the common foods allergies to people are caused by chocolate, eggs, milk, peanuts, medicines and soya bean. The common symptoms experienced are coughing, dizziness, migraine, depression, edema, irritability and sneezing. Some allergies that are caused by food can be treated at home and you don’t always have to rush to the hospital.
Some of the home remedies are:
• Fruits such as apples and grapes strengthen the immune system, thereby helping in curing the allergy.
• Some times the at least two bananas a day are given in order to treat the food allergies that affect the skin, digestive tract and cause asthma. How ever some people are allergic to bananas in such cases do not give the person bananas.
• You can make a juice of vegetables such as carrot, cucumber, radish, and beet. This can also be had as a salad.
• Avoid eating processed and canned foods as they have a lot of preservatives that could bring on an allergic reaction.
• People who suffer from food allergies should have any fruit or vegetable juice or plain water with half a teaspoon of castor oil, every morning to cure any food allergies that affect the intestinal tracts, skin and nasal passage.
• Vitamins B5 and E have been are found in many food sources and supplements. They are said to control an allergic reaction.
• Half a lime, mixed in water with a teaspoon of honey can flush out allergy and toxic impurities.
|Submitted on January 16, 2014|