Cabbage soup detox diet
The cabbage soup detox diet rose to fame as a fad diet, when many celebrities began claiming that the secret to their fitness and health was the regular detoxification using the cabbage soup diet. The cabbage soup detox diet became so popular not only because it claimed to be able to cleanse the body of any lingering toxins, but also because it claimed it could help burn off calories as well. Millions of people all around the world experimented with the cabbage soup detox diet after celebrities claimed that they had been able to get in shape using this diet after following it only for a few days.
For those who have struggled with digestion problems, cabbage soup has been used to improve metabolism and promote healthy dieting. In the cabbage soup diet cleanse ritual, however, it is recommended that you should consume as much of cabbage soup as possible.
The cabbage soup cleansing diet is usually followed for a week and it can help you shed off some extra pounds as well as cleanse your body internally.
Cabbage soup diets have to be planned properly because they can leave you hungry. If you suffer from any illness or disorders, it is best to consult with your doctor and check whether a cabbage soup cleansing diet will aggravate your condition.
Here are some cabbage soup diet tips:
- On the first day, try to consume as much cabbage soup as you possibly can. This helps in satiating you for the first day. Do not worry about caloric intake as cabbage soup is not rich in calories and therefore is safe to consume. There is also no risk of putting on additional weight. You can add fruits to your diet if your doctor advises you to eat something solid. However, make sure you skip bananas as they have a high calorie content.
- On the second day, continue consuming cabbage soup but also include some vegetables. Carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes are ideal for consumption on the second day as they will aid in the detox process. These vegetables add bulk to the diet due to high content of fiber, and also replenish the body with the required energy as well as essential nutrients.
- The third day, again consume cabbage soup primarily, along with fruits and vegetables. Skip potatoes and bananas as they are high in calories and would render the diet unsuccessful.
- Fourth day, consume cabbage soup, this time along with bananas. Since in the past few days, you have created a calorie deficit, eating bananas would equalize your calorie consumption. Try to eat at least 6-7 bananas, along with skimmed milk. Throughout the diet, the cabbage soup diet recipe remains the same.
- On the fifth day, you can consume cabbage soup along with a small portion of beef and three to four tomatoes. Beef is added on the fifth day to increase the protein content in your diet. Protein is vital in the repair of damaged tissues in the skin and therefore about 200 grams of protein in the form of beef or poultry can help you bring your diet back to balance.
- On the sixth day, you can consume cabbage soup along with as much of fruits, vegetables and beef that you want. The sixth day poses no restrictions on the amount. During this day, you can get your fill of calories. However, made sure that you trim the fat off the beef before cooking. Ideally, you should increase the consumption of vegetables and fruits, while keeping the consumption of beef low.
- On the last day of the diet, consume a lot of cabbage soup along with fruits and vegetables. Choose fruits with high fiber content, like papaya or pineapples. Raw vegetables are better than cooked ones. Boiled or sautéed vegetables are better than fried vegetables.