Diet chart exercise for young males:
I am a male weight 83kg height 5feet 11 inches, I want to loose my weight as fast as possible, please advice a diet chart and exercise.
According to your height you are approximately 3 kg overweight. If you follow a healthy balanced diet along with a proper exercise regime, you can lose weight in a short span of time. Try the following tips mentioned below to lose weight in a healthy manner.
- Focus on losing weight gradually over a period of time instead of quick or fast weight loss. Quick weight loss is only possible by following some fad diet or near starvation diet which involves restriction of many food groups. This manner will help you succeed in losing weight, but as these diets cannot be continued in the long run you will come back to your normal routine in no time.
As soon as you resume your normal lifestyle you will start gaining weight at a lightening speed. So to avoid this cycle, target to lose not more than ½ kg per week with the help of a healthy diet and increased physical activity.
- The basis of your diet should be complex carbohydrates, for those include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole unprocessed cereals grains and its products. Refined sugar use should be minimal. Also avoid unprocessed cereal, grains and its products as far as possible.
- For proteins include sprouts, beans, pulses, low fat or fat free milk and milk products, egg whites, fish, poultry without the skin, and lean cuts of meat. Avoid shelled fish, processed meat and its products and organ meats as besides proteins they are also rich in saturated fats and cholesterol.
- Method of cooking is also very important, for example fish is a very good source of good quality proteins, good quality fats (high in omega-3 fatty acids) and other vitamins and minerals. But these nutrients will only be available if you choose healthy cooking methods like steaming, or shallow frying on a non-stick pan instead of deep frying the fish. Similarly you can gain more nutritional benefits from food if you cook other vegetables also in a non-stick pan with minimum amount of oil and consume less oily and fried foods.
- Other foods which provide empty calories and not many nutrients like junk foods, sodas, colas, alcohol, carbonated beverages, bakery foods like cookies, cakes pastries should also be avoided.
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Involve yourself in activities or sports you love like swimming, gardening, playing table tennis, cycling, jogging, brisk walking or running. If you prefer other aerobic and cardio exercises then they will also help. Diet alone won’t help much to lose weight without exercise and vice versa.