Fight Rebound Weight Gain A high-fiber, low-fat diet plan, combined with walking is the safest and most effective method to lose and maintain normal body weight.
- Walking slightly increases the BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and burns calories at a faster rate. Walking also makes you lose more fat and less muscle tissue and makes weight-gain impossible. It also reduces the production of LPL enzyme, which decreases the amount of fat stored in fat cells.
- Walking also decreases the hunger mechanism and prevents binging.
- Walking redirects the stomachs blood supply towards exercising, which in turn decreases appetite.
- Fat is burnt and not carbohydrates, when you walk. The body’s blood sugar stays at a normal and we do not experience hunger.
- Diet that restricts one type of food group is unhealthy. Once they are stopped there is rebound weight gain.
- Consider a diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, whole-grain products and lean protein to prevent rebound weight-gain.
An occasional sweet treat is also welcome here. This type of diet lasts you for a lifetime.
Rebound Weight Gain
There is no diet which can help you lose weight magically. With each diet, you have to work hard to lose your weight.
According to most weight loss experts, a successful weight loss only happens with a correct combination of weight loss diet
and exercise. If you have not followed this to the letter, you may end up with rebound weight gain.
Rebound weight gain is the weight you gain when you have just finished with a diet. The pounds are usually put back on very
fast, even faster than you had lost the weight. The reason why some weight loss programs succeed while others fail is that
most people do not exercise when they are dieting, making their bodies dependent on the less amount of food consumed.
When you are on a diet, there is a loss of muscle and proteins in the body. When the protein stores deplete in such a manner,
there are powerful biochemical signals that lead to hunger which can sometimes be felt in a very intense manner. When the
body feels hungry like this, a person consumes a lot of food and the body begins to refill the reserves, gaining weight once
Today, more than 50% of the adults in the world are overweight and most of them use diets to lose their extra pounds. With
the right weight loss and exercise combination, weight gain can be avoided completely. It is not possible to determine the
exact amount of caloric configuration that can help a person lose weight and therefore, it is important for a person to
exercise along with maintaining a diet.
There is no diet which does not cause depletion of protein stores and muscle mass. In fact, for most people muscle mass is
depleted in a greater degree than the fat mass, which actually needs to be depleted. As a result of this, a person may
continue feeling hungry, experiencing nutritional deprivation. When a person is hungry, it is unrealistic to believe that
there can be any motivation strong enough to keep the person dieting like this. This is why most of the diets fail over a
period of time.
To avoid rebound weight gain, maintain your protein intake even when you are cutting calories and exercise regularly, at
least five times a week so that muscle mass is retained. Also drink a lot of water and maintain your nutritional balance by
taking multivitamin supplements.