Ideal body weight to avoid reoccurring attacks:
Foods to avoid and specific diets to help reoccurring attacks.
It is not clear from your question which attack you are suffering from, reoccurring attacks can be many like heart attacks, panic attacks or gout attacks. The diet and medications would largely vary depending on the type of disease or disorder you have. However one thing is common in any reoccurring attacks; that is, you are not seriously working towards maintaining good health for yourself. I have mentioned some healthy dietary and lifestyle tips to prevent your reoccurring attacks -
- Ideal body weight - No matter from which attack you are suffering, it is very important to maintain an ideal body weight. Being over weight or obese is a major cause for all the health related problems.
An overweight or obese person is at a greater risk for developing heart diseases, diabetes, gout or other form of arthritis than a person with normal weight. Even a slight decrease in weight can reduce your chances of reoccurring attacks to a greater extent. However keep in mind that your weight loss is a healthy and gradual process with the help of a balanced diet and exercise regime.
- Avoid quick or fast weight loss as it causes many metabolic changes in your body and may even increase your reoccurrence of certain attacks. For example if you have gout and you lose excess weight in a short span of time; it can in fact, increase your uric acid levels and make your symptoms worst.
- Focus on eating a well balanced diet high in fiber and low in fat and cholesterol if you have heart disease. Include complex carbohydrates in your diet in the form of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole cereals, grains and its products instead of refined or processed products. These foods are not only low in fat but also high in fiber which will help you to improve your lipid profile and lose weight.
- Avoid foods that are high in saturated fats, trans fats and cholesterol like shelled fish, meats, organ meat, processed meats, egg yolks, bakery foods, products containing hydrogenated oils, junk foods and fried and fatty foods. These foods are also high in purines and should be avoided if you are suffering from gout attacks.
- Drink plenty of water; this will help you to keep well hydrated. If you have gout, it will help to flush the excess uric acid from your system.
- Relax while eating. Avoid any kind of stress or panic. Have a proper control over your emotions. You can try different yoga asanas and meditation to relax and lose weight. However if you want a successful weight loss, along with the dietary modification you need to increase your physical activity too. Consult your specialist before starting any exercise regime to avoid any further complications.