Loosing belly weight with diet and exercise regime:
I am 85 kgs and have a lot of fat on my belly how to reduce my weight to 70 kgs and get a lean body? Please tell me the diet and exercise regime.
It is good to hear that you want to lose weight with a combined effort of diet and exercise. Any weight lost with proper diet and regular exercise is healthy and permanent, provided you don't get back to your previous lifestyle. Weight gain around your belly is mainly caused due faulty eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. The following tips mentioned below will help you to lose weight in a healthy manner with the help of diet and regular exercise -
- Plan realistic goals to lose a certain amount of weight in a time span, for example don't set a goal of losing more than ½ kg per week.
Avoid any kind of fad diets because although they promise quick weight loss, the lost weight is gained back at a lightening speed in a short span of time after a person stops that diet.
- Avoid starving or skipping meals to lose weight. When you starve for more than 6-8 hours your body reaches a famished state, this results in excessive binging in the subsequent meals and thus excess calorie intake and weight gain. Eat when you feel hungry but eat wisely.
- Complex carbohydrates from whole grains, cereals and its products and fruits and vegetables should form the basis of your diet. For proteins include low fat or fat free dairy products, egg whites, sprouts, beans and pulses, lean cuts of poultry and fish and lean meat in moderation. Other shell fish, egg yolk, meats, and organ meats like kidney, brain and liver are also high in protein and other nutrients but at the same time fat and cholesterol content in them are also high and thus they should be avoided as far as possible.
- Fatty foods, processed foods, canned foods, refined foods, junk foods, oily and fried foods, sweets, bakery foods like cookies, cakes, pastries, carbonated drinks, sodas, colas, sweetened artificial fruit juice all add extra empty calories from simple carbohydrates and fats. These foods should be thus avoided as they are the main culprits for weight gain especially around the waist.
- Water is very essential, drink a lot of water daily. To suppress your high appetite you can drink a glass of water 30 minutes before having your main meals.
- Exercise of any form like swimming, brisk walking, jogging, cycling all can help. But remember to do it daily for at least 30-40 minutes at a stretch (intensity and time can be increased gradually). Simple exercises like crunches or some yogic asanas can also be performed to slim your waist.