Really Bad Fats
- Red Meat – It is high in fat and is very bad for the arteries and can cause heart attack and stroke. It has also been implicated in the development of breast, colon and prostate cancer.
- Potato Chips and French Fries – They are high in saturated fat, trans fat and salt and omega-6-fatty acids that can cause inflammation to the body’s cells and organs. French fries also contain a chemical known as acryl amide that can cause cancer and reproductive problems. It can even cause heart disease, high B.P. and stroke.
- Fast Foods – cheeseburgers, French fries and sodas can raise blood cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Desserts – Cakes, candies, ice cream, pies and other desserts are extremely high in refined sugar.
Due to this there is a decrease in blood sugar and increase in hunger, which leads to binging spree. All these foods should be eliminated as they contain only empty calories. Bakery foods like doughnuts; muffins, sweet rolls, cookies and granola cereals have high sugar content and high levels of fat oils.
- Smoked and cured fish, meat and pickled foods – smoked foods contain harmful chemicals which when cooked can cause cancer, heart disease. Pickled foods can cause cancer of the digestive tract.
- Salt – You should consume not more than 2,000mg of salt per day. Excess intake can interfere with the kidneys ability to eliminate salt from the body and elevate B.P. In some people it may lead to permanent hypertension and premature death from heart attacks and stroke.
- Alcohol – Excess alcohol can lead to many diseases like brain damage, enlargement of the spleen, hemorrhages of the esophagus and liver, heart disease, hypertension, liver disease, nerve disorders, pancreatic cancer, damage to the reproductive organs and strokes and in some cases even death.
- Caffeine – Excess consumption can cause marked fatigue and adverse effects on the cardiovascular and nervous systems. There is rapid heartbeat, elevation of B.P., palpitations and irritation leading to headaches, sweats, mental confusion, and anxiety and paranoid behavior.