Detoxification of Blood and Blood Purification
Which are the foods for blood purification?
Blood is the most important and inevitable part of the body. The working of our body depends on how well is the condition of the blood. For good functioning of the blood, our blood should be free from unwanted toxins and impurities. Liver, kidneys and lymphatic vessels tend to carry out the function of cleansing the blood. However sometimes the toxins tend to build up in the blood and the organs may not be able to cope up with them.
The various causes for toxin formation in the blood are wrong diet, constipation, stress and worry, drinking impure water, excessive intake of tea, coffee, alcoholic beverages, sedentary lifestyle and environmental toxins.
Certain foods that can be useful for blood purification are:
- Drink lots of water up to 10 to 12 glasses everyday. Water helps in flushing out the toxins and clearing the system. Moreover water also helps in relieving the body from constipation thus improving the bowel movements.
- Parsley is a natural blood purifier. Parsley leaf is a diuretic which can help in flushing the kidney. It is a blood cleanser that is effective during convalescence.
- Garlic is a natural blood cleanser and an antibiotic. It is essential for reducing blood fats and for lowering the blood pressure. Peel off the skin of the garlic clove and cut it lengthwise and remove the small center portion or heart of garlic. This will help in reducing the smell that is emitted when we eat garlic.
- Wheat Grass or Wheat Grass juice: Wheat Grass is highly nutritious. It contains natural enzymes and Vitamins like Vitamin A, B, C, E and K, pantothenic acid, minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, protein, amino acids, lecithin and chlorophyll. It is an effective blood cleanser and can improve the oxygen supply to the circulatory system. It can also detoxify the liver and decrease the carcinogens in foods and environment.
- Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, onion, broccoli and beetroot and red and green vegetables are beneficial for detoxification. Red and orange colored vegetables contain carotenoids and flavonoids that have antioxidant activity which can remove any harmful free radicals from the body.
- All fresh fruits like apple, pineapple, pear, kiwi, orange, sultanas, melon, black currants and raspberries can be useful for cleansing and detoxification. Eat the fruit on its own and not before, during or after the meals.
- Barley is essential for better sports performance, maintaining good cholesterol levels, improving the immune system and detoxifying the blood. Barley has low glycemic index and is essential for maintaining the normal glucose balance in the body. It also contains soluble fiber and beta glucans, Presence of fiber and beta glucans help in improving the cholesterol levels and enhancing the immune system.