Fibrocystic Breast Disease, Causes And TreatmentFibrocystic breast disease is a condition in which the tissues of the breast undergo odd changes or variations. This disease is also referred to as “mammary dysplasia”, “benign breast disease” and “diffuse cystic mastopathy” and is of a benign or noncancerous nature. However, fibrocystic breast disease should not be left untreated and should be fully analyzed as there have been cases where a fibro cyst has developed into cancer. There are many reasons for fibrocystic breast disease but the root cause is not thoroughly understood yet. However, it is believed that the ovaries produce hormones which become a cause of this breast disease.
Facts About fibrocystic breast disease.
Research is in progress to discover more about the exact causes and facts of fibrocystic breast diseases. It is estimated that almost 60 percent of all women suffer from it. It is usually found in the women in the age groups of 30 to 50 years. It becomes more prevalent after menopause and is less reported in women who use birth control pills. It is also found in women having a family history of this disease, although no clear or effective evidence has been collected yet.
Fibrocystic Breast Disease Symptoms And Treatment
Symptoms of fibrocystic breast disease:
The fibro cyst can be identified with the following symptoms:
- Solid and irregular shaped lumpy stone-like accumulation, mostly found in the tissues of the upper part of the breast.
- An uncomfortable and dull, continuous or irregular, feeling in both breasts during the menstrual cycle.
- The breasts may feel tender.
- Severe pain may also be noted in one or both breasts.
- Sometimes discharge from the nipples is also noticed.
- The breast feels swollen before the menstrual period.
Diet for fibro cyst:
Here are some foods and diet related remedies for fibrocystic breast disease.
- Caffeine intake should be minimized as it adds to fibrocystic breast disease.
- Fried and fatty foods should be avoided.
- Colas and soda drinks disturb the female hormones, so they should not be used in excess.
- Food rich in vitamins should be used to avoid this disease.
- Vegetables and fruits should be added to your regular routine diet.
- Sea food should be added to your diet as iodine and oil component present in it can help in minimizing cysts and cure them.
- A diet high in fiber can also prevent cyst production in the breast.
- Salt content should be lessened from your daily diet.
- Beans, seeds, and nuts are rick in protein so they should be used regularly as they help to avoid fibro cyst.