Hash brown quiche is a delicious dish which makes an excellent breakfast meal prepared using diced ham, eggs and hash browns. This dish is simple and quick to prepare.
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of hash brown potatoes, shredded
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper as per one's preference
Preparation time: 55 minutes
Directions & serving size:
- Before working on the ingredient for this dish, preheat the oven to 220 C
- Thereafter take a 9 inch pie dish and press the hash browns onto the sides and the bottom of the pie dish.
- Pour the melted butter on the hash browns and sprinkle some salt.
- Bake this mixture in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes or till the potatoes turn brown
- Then take a small bowl and mix together the onion, ham and shredded cheese. In a separate bowl mix the milk, pepper, salt and eggs.
- Once the crust is ready in the oven, spread the ham mixture from the bowl first and then add the egg mixture.
- Minimize the oven temperature to 175 degree Celsius and bake it for 25 minutes
- The hash brown quiche is ready once golden brown or until the filling has puffed up
You can also check 'recipe for hash brown strata'
Serving instructions: Hash brown quiche is best served hot from the oven along with some herbs sprinkled on the top just before serving.
Nutritional Value Per Serving
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 28.9 g
- Cholesterol:136 mg
- Hash browns are basically made from potatoes that are known to be an abundant source of complex carbohydrates that provide the body with energy.
- Hash brown quiche is also rich in dietary fiber which helps in better digestion and overall health
Tips And Warnings
- While preparing the hash brown quiche make sure that the dish is being monitored from time to time while being baked so that the potatoes do not get burnt.
- You should also bear in mind that like all preserved meat, ham is also high in sodium, fats, nitrates, salts and nitrites that are known to result in cancer and also lead to medical problems such as high levels of cholesterol and blood pressure issues. Hence hash brown quiche should not be consumed in excess by those who already have such medical conditions pre-existing.