Morning Glory Muffins Recipe, Nutritional Value
Morning glory muffins are an excellent combination of great taste and nutrition, besides also being relatively easy to prepare.
- 2 teaspoons each of baking soda, vanilla extract and freshly ground cinnamon
- Half a cup each of unsweetened coconut flakes, raisins and chopped walnuts
- 2 cups each of all purpose flour and shredded carrots
- 3 eggs
- A cup of vegetable oil
- One apple, peeled, cored and then finely shredded
- 1 1/4 cups of white sugar
- Salt as per one’s taste
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Directions & serving size:
- This recipe will yield a dozen muffins.
- Before preparing the muffin batter, preheat the oven to 175C.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper muffin liners or you can even grease them with some butter.
- Take a large bowl and mix together the sugar, baking soda, flour, salt and cinnamon. Once well mixed, add in the raisins, coconut, nuts, carrots and the apple.
- Take another bowl and beat together the oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- This egg mixture should then be stirred into the flour mixture to get a batter like consistency.
- This batter should then be scooped into the muffin cups leaving sufficient space for the muffins to rise during baking.
- The muffins should then be placed into the preheated oven and allowed to bake for 20 minutes. Also try this recipe for mini cinnamon muffins
The morning glory muffins make an excellent breakfast accompaniment and give the day a healthy and nutritious start. They should be served hot from the oven while they are still soft and moist. You can also try this recipe for muffins cheese cream
Nutritional Value Per Serving
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Calories: 422
- Fat: 25.4g
- Morning glory muffins are a healthy alternative as compared to the sweeter options that are commercially available.
They are also known to have a high amount of dietary fiber and nutrients on account of the presence of vegetables and nuts.
- The carrots present in morning glory muffins are known to provide a variety of antioxidants as well as anti-cancer and cardiovascular benefits.
Tips and warnings:
- Those who are weight conscious may reduce the quantity of oil by half and replace it with some applesauce instead.
- Similarly, you may also increase the sweetness of the muffins by adding some honey to the batter. This is a healthier option as compared to adding sugar.