In the present world, being thin is naturally associated with being fit, healthy and good looking, while being overweight can raise several health concerns. Almost every body is aware of the key factors that influence an individual’s good health – following a healthy diet and getting adequate amounts of exercise as well as rest. That is why books and online resources offering various diet tips as well as weight loss tips have become so popular. However, tips which suggest that you eat less and exercise more are not the easiest to follow, especially in today’s fast-paced world, where most people neither have the time to fix a nutritious meal for themselves, nor do they have the time to eat properly. Living on fast food, instant dinners as well as junk or processed foods has become a common way of life for most people.
Finding the time to exercise is almost out of the question. Therefore the diet tips and exercise tips that people need and are looking for, should be practical enough, for them to be able to follow.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day; you need to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water in order to lose weight. At times, thirst can be confused with hunger, which leads to the consumption of extra calories that are not really required. If you drink a glass of ice cold water 15 to 20 minutes before your meal, the cold helps shrink your stomach and allows you to feel full, in spite of eating less.
- Focus on food items that should be added to the diet, instead of the ones that should be eliminated. Start by trying to increase your consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables to the recommended 5 to 9 servings per day. Although this sounds like a lot, it can really help in losing weight, as the fiber present in fruits and vegetables can help you feel full for a longer period of time. Make sure that you begin every meal with a fresh garden salad and work vegetables into your meal, instead of serving them as side dishes.
- Cut down or preferably eliminate any midnight snacks that you indulge in. Activities like watching TV or reading a book can prompt you to reach out for a bag of chips or some cookies, even when you don’t really need them. In order to avoid this, either allow yourself to eat a low-fat snack after dinner or avoid activities that prompt such snack attacks.
- Eat small, but frequent meals throughout the day, instead of the traditional 3 large meals that most people follow. Eating about 5 small meals a day, will help you control your weight as well as your appetite.
- Diet recipes do not necessarily have to be a boring. You can add flavor to your meals using various spices and herbs that are not only tasty, but are also healthy.
Most people cannot dedicate the amount of time to their work out schedules that they would like to. Therefore the key is to maximize their work out schedule, so that they gain the maximum benefits, from their existing exercise regimes. Given below are a few tips, that can help do that:
- Avoid becoming obsessed with exercise and workouts. There are some beginners who overdo it, because they believe that the more they exercise, the better it is. However, that is not true; fitness is a gradual process and it may take you a while to increase your strength and stamina over a period of time. Therefore, it is always best to start off slow.
- Contrary to the common belief, cardio exercises should be practiced after weight training, not before. To reap maximum benefits though, cardio and weights should be scheduled for different days.
- Make sure that you dedicate adequate amounts of time to warm up and cooling down exercises.
Before switching on to any diet plans or work out schedules, it is strongly recommended that you consult a doctor as well as a fitness expert, to avoid any problems.