It is a well known fact, that following a nutritional and well balanced diet, on a daily basis, is essential for healthy living and a perhaps a longer life too. Therefore, it is advisable to adhere to a proper diet plan, so that your body gets all the necessary nutrients it requires, in the right quantities. In order to set a diet plan for yourself, you can take the help of a diet chart, to ensure that your body gets the right proportions of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and proteins. Moreover, a diet chart can also help you to ensure that your body gets its required caloric count for each day.
Given below, is a combination of the different food groups and their quantities that are a part of the diet chart:
- Grains: This food group includes food items such as pasta, bread, rice and most breakfast cereals. A healthy diet chart recommends a daily consumption of 6 to 8 ounces, for such grains.
- Vegetables: Vegetables like potatoes, tomatoes, peas, squash, carrots, broccoli, spinach, cucumbers, green beans and most other types of greens should be consumed in high quantities everyday. A recommended intake of vegetables is about 3 to 4 cups each day.
- Fruit: All healthy and fresh fruits like apples, pears, oranges, melons, peaches, grapefruit, pineapples, grapes, bananas, apricots, berries, mangoes, plums and papayas are a part of this food group. A diet chart states that you should eat around 2 cups of fresh fruits everyday.
- Dairy: This food group includes not jus milk, but products like cheese and yogurt too. The daily recommended intake of dairy products is 3 cups.
- Meat, beans, eggs and nuts: This group includes several food items such as meat, fish, poultry, eggs, dry beans and nuts. Around 5½ to 6½ ounces of foods from this group should be consumed everyday.
- Oil: This food group includes not just basic cooking oil, but also other products that are rich sources of oil, like soft margarine, butter, low-fat mayonnaise and light salad dressing. However, a diet chart states that your daily consumption of oils should not be more than 27 to 31 grams.
- Sweets: Foods that are high in sugar are the main part of this food group. Therefore, sweets, chocolates, cakes, pastries, cookies, pies and other desserts are a part of this group. Such foods should be eaten in limited quantities and preferably not everyday.
Before following a diet chart, it is best to consult your doctor or a qualified dietician, especially if you are suffering from any medical condition.
Diet chart is based on your current food intake. Salads and soups have less number of calories
Diet chart to loose extra pounds: I am a girl. My weight is 52 kilos and height is 5'. Can you please send a diet chart for me?[...]
Diet Chart For Teenagers | 5 Food Groups Diet Chart | Toddler Nutrition
Diet Chart For Teenagers - You could try introducing into your teenager’s diet plan starchy foods like pitas, bagels, bread rolls, wraps, ciabatta, and baguettes.[...]
Healthy Diet Chart | Daily Nutrition Chart | Balanced Diet Chart
Daily Nutrition Chart - Following a daily diet chart is highly recommended because of the fact that it will ensure you meet the body’s requirements of calorie intake without exceeding it.[...]
Baby Diet Chart | Diet Plans For Kids | Diet Plans For Overweight Children
Baby diet chart - When preparing your baby diet chart, ensure to introduce a variety of foods early on.As hormonal changes alter their bodies, diet plans for teenagers can help balance the hormone levels, provide strength, and improve physical development[...]
Diet Chart For Kids | Balanced Diet For Children | Daily Food For Children
A diet chart for kids shlould have foods rich in folic acid and vitamin C, which is very effective in increasing the natural immunity of the body. This will ensure proper functioning of the various systems of the body keeping the child healthy and free fr[...]
Healthy Diet Chart | Daily Diet Chart | Diet Chart To Gain Weight
A diet chart can successfully help you get rid of diseases that affect your body and mind. Your diet chart should always have meals that comprise portions from all of these food groups[...]
Vegetarian Diet Chart | Vegetarian Diet Chart Weight Loss | Gm Diet Chart
Vegetarian Diet Chart - It is believed that vegetarian diet weight loss plan can be more effective than other diet plans, if followed correctly. while designing a vegetarian diet chart, include the right quantities of a variety of nutritious foods.[...]
Nutritional Chart for Diabetics | Food Pyramid Diabetes Diet Chart
Diabetes diet chart-The diabetes diet chart should not include foods that are rich in fat, sugar as well as the consumption of alcohol should also be restricted.[...]
Weight Gain Diet Chart | Daily Foods To Increase Weight & Body Mass
For increasing weight; follow a diet chart as well as an exercise plan.In the case of an underweight individual, food consumption will be raised as per the diet chart to gain weight.[...]
Weight Gain through Diet | Diet Chart To Gain Weight | Increase Weight With Proper Diet Chart
A healthy diet chart for weight gain should set the target for the calorie intake for the individual who wishes to gain weight, and make provision for comparing the actual calories consumed at each meal, to monitor progress.[...]