Healthy Diet Plans >>
Health Food >>
Banana Health Benefits
Banana Nutrition Facts And Health Benefits Of BananasRich in potassium, fiber, vitamin C and B6, bananas are great for your health. You can reach for a banana when you’re hungry or feel like a snack; you can use bananas to pep up desserts like custard, fruit pies and cakes; or, can eat a banana for no real reason! Let’s look at the health benefits of bananas:
Health Benefits of Bananas
- The potassium in bananas are said to be good for the nerves and heart. Since potassium plays an important role in muscle contraction, this ingredient is a must for muscular movements, digestion and pumping of the heart. Adequate potassium in your diet is believed to keep blood pressure at acceptable levels.
- Bananas are good for bones and kidneys.
Proper potassium in meals can suppress the excretion of calcium in the urine and this reduces the chances of kidney stones. Bananas can also cut down your chances of osteoporosis.
- Bananas have tryptophan, which is also known as a mood enhancing protein because it aids the production of serotonin, which is good for soothing the brain and is like a light sedative.
- Bananas with their cache of vitamin B6 are good for the blood and the immune system. This particular vitamin produces antibodies and can check the blood sugar levels. It is believed that a banana a day can take care of one-fifth of our dietary needs.
- Bananas are good for children and are part of the BRAT diet – this is a diet recommended to children who are recovering from gastrointestinal problems. Bananas can bind foods and make the stool harder. So, it’s good for children as well as adults recovering from diarrhea.
- Bananas are storehouses of fiber. This fruit is supposed to contain 16% dietary fiber that is supposed to be part of an adult’s diet. Fiber is good as a laxative and also foods rich in fiber can cut down your risk of cardiac diseases.
- Since bananas have a high content of iron, it is good for boosting the hemoglobin in the blood and is good for people with anemia.
- Some of the other health benefits of eating bananas include eyesight protection. Research shows that eating about three servings of fruits can reduce your chances of macula degeneration.
- Banana health benefits also include healthy bones.
- Rich in fructooligosaccharide, which is good for the probiotic bacteria in the colon, bananas can help in digestion and combat infections.
- Bananas are also good for controlling blood pressure, heartburn, morning sickness and stress.
|Submitted on January 16, 2014