Bartholin abscesses operation and weight loss:
Recently I was operated for bartholin abscesses, after my operation I have gain weight how can I loose weight and what home remedies I take in future?
After a bartholin abcesess operation the physical activity is restricted and enough care is taken to fasten the recovery. But often due to extra care in terms of food when combined with sedentary lifestyle can cause weight gain in some women. Maintaining an ideal body weight should be the goal and this should be achieved with a balance of both diet and exercise. Try the following tips and home remedies to lose weight -
- Eat at regular intervals avoid binging or starving. Start your day with a glass of warm water with few drops of lemon juice.
- Fenugreek seeds can be used as a successful home remedy to lose weight.
Soak 15 gm (about 1 tablespoon) fenugreek seeds in a cup of water at night and have this in the morning along with the water after or before drinking warm water mentioned in the above point. Similarly soak another 15 gm of fenugreek seed in the morning and chew them with water 30 minutes before having your dinner. This when practiced regularly will help in weight loss process.
- Before starting your meals like lunch and dinner, have a bowl full of fresh vegetable salad. You can add salt, pepper, vinegar or lemon juice in the salad for palatability but avoid adding any heavy fat dressing like mayonnaise. Having a salad before the meal will help to restrict your food intake in the subsequent meal.
- 30 minutes before starting your meal you can also drink a glass of water to satisfy a part of your hunger. Besides drink a lot of water in the whole day.
- Eat right - choose unprocessed cereals, grains and its products over processed or refined and junk foods.
- Derive your proteins form low fat or fat free dairy products, sprouts, pulses, beans, eggs, lean cuts of poultry and fish. Avoid meats with high fat, shell fish, egg yolk and organ meats altogether as they have high fat content.
- Avoid consuming fatty oily foods, junk foods, sweetened drinks or juices, carbonated drinks, sodas, sweets and bakery foods as far as possible.
- Rest enough and avoid any kind of stress till you recover. Exercise regularly once you recover from your condition. If the cuts of operation are still raw then before starting any physical activity or exercise regime consult your specialist for approval. Exercise is an important factor like diet to lose weight and should be equally emphasized for weight loss.