|Healthy Diet Plans >> Herbs and Natural Cures >> Herbs For Impotence|
Herbs For Impotence
Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is quite a serious, yet common problem, affecting millions of men across the globe. Erectile dysfunction also refers to a man’s inability to maintain an erection for a time period that is long enough for intercourse. The problem of impotence can be caused by psychological as well as physical factors. Some common psychological factors that cause impotence are the lack of interest in sex or in a specific sexual partner, depression, stress, worry, fear, and stress. The biological or physical factors that could lead to impotence are – advanced age, reduced levels of testosterone, side effects of certain drugs or medication, nerve damage or an injury to the groin area, medical conditions like diabetes or heart diseases, alcohol abuse, excessive smoking and the after-effects of surgery, to name a few.
There are several herbs for impotence that can help in calming one’s nerves, improving hormonal levels as well as the circulatory system. Most men prefer to opt for a natural herbal impotence remedy. Fortunately, there are several natural foods and resources that can be effective in restoring potency in men. Natural libido enhancers, also known as aphrodisiacs have been used for years and across the world, to help men perform better, sexually.
Given below are some common herbal remedies for impotence:
• Gingko Biloba: This herb is commonly used by men and women, because of its properties to improve memory and focus. However, this herb is also effective in treating impotence, by improving circulation, in the blood vessels just below the skin, without increasing one’s blood pressure.
• Ginseng: This is one of the most common natural remedies for curing impotence. While it was originally an ancient Asian remedy for impotence, it has since been researched extensively.
• Horny Goat Weed: This herb is known to decrease fatigue, increase circulation, and enhance one’s sexual desire. The effect of this herb helps men to maintain their erection and enhances the overall experience.
• Damiana: This herb is used to enhance sexual drive and libido, in both men and women.
• Tribulus: This herb is known to help impotence, by increasing testosterone levels, along with sexual desire.
• Yohimbe: This herb has become very popular in treating erectile dysfunction. It could have side effects like nervousness, insomnia, and anxiety. Because it can also increase one’s heart rate, it should be taken only in recommended doses, under a doctor’s supervision.
|Submitted on January 16, 2014|