Natural Remedies For Arthritis And Arthritis DietArthritis is an affliction of the joints, characterized by inflammation. Arthritis may be of different kinds, depending upon different causes of the disease. The common forms of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriatic arthritis, the most prevalent being osteoarthritis. The causes of arthritis can be obesity, hereditary factors, age, past injury, infection, playing high-impact sports, exposure to adverse climate conditions like excessive cold, metabolic problems, ailments of the nervous system, improper dietary habits and improper posture.
Symptoms Of Arthritis And Arthritis TreatmentThe symptoms of arthritis are inflammation and pain in joints, fatigue in joints, fever, weight loss, swelling of glands, and loss of appetite.
If not diagnosed and treated in time, it may lead to grave consequences like damage to the eyes, heart, and lungs.
Natural remedies are definitely better than medications as there are almost no after effects and these remedies are easier to employ. Some of the natural remedies for arthritis are:
The following points must be kept in mind when modifying your diet to treat arthritis:
- Applying garlic paste on the affected area can be an effective remedy to cure the ailment. Also, consuming a couple of slices of garlic helps relieve pain in joints.
- Rubbing sandalwood paste on the affected regions is also beneficial.
- The application of hot vinegar is also advised.
- Consuming water kept in a copper vessel overnight is very effective for this ailment.
- Warm coconut or mustard oil, mixed with camphor may be employed to massage the afflicted joints, thereby relieving pain.
- The best natural remedy is a balanced diet with certain specific inclusions and exclusions for curing arthritis.
- Drinking raw potato juice every morning is a very effective form of natural treatment.
- Consuming the juice of any green leafy vegetable like spinach mixed with juices of beet, celery and/or carrot is also recommended.
- Lime juice must be taken every morning, preferably on an empty stomach.
- Green gram soup with crushed garlic and ginger must be consumed twice a day.
- Citrus fruits like orange, grapefruit, and lime are particularly helpful in curing this disease. So, these fruits must be included in your diet.
- A lot of vegetables like celery, spinach, cabbage, and broccoli must be included in the diet.
- Salad is also a must to relieve arthritis.
- Banana is one fruit which is advised to be consumed as a whole meal on account of its high content of Vitamin B6, which helps in curing the disease.
- Drinking tea made of the herb alfalfa is also helpful in reducing the severity of the ailment.
- These remedies are very effective in curing the disease, but in case the symptoms persist, do consult a doctor.