Asthma Remedies And Natural Asthma CureAsthma is a chronic ailment of the lungs, leading to an inflammation of air passages. The disease leads to over sensitivity of the airways, causing evanescent attacks of Asthma by various environmental triggers. As such, the air passages become narrow and produce extra amount of mucous.
The causes of Asthma include infections like cold and flu, allergies to pollen, medication, and irritants like dust, smoke, and stress. The symptoms of Asthma are breathlessness, coughing, congestion in lungs, wheezing, and an enhanced need of bronchodilators.
Asthma Home Remedies And Remedies For Asthma AttackIt is difficult to cure Asthma permanently and medication is a must. Yet, there are some natural remedies to alleviate the condition and supplement the effect of medicine.
The natural remedies for Asthma can be listed as follows:
The dietary regime for Asthma patients should include:
- Consuming the root extract of the Butterbur herb is effective in reducing muscle spasm and inflammation of air passages. This is because of anti-inflammatory properties of the herb.
- An intake of ripe bananas, warmed on a slow flame, and mixed with pepper, provides instant relief in cases of acute inflammation of airways.
- Eat roasted gram followed by a glass of milk every night before sleeping, to clear congestion.
- Powdered turmeric, mixed with a teaspoon of honey, when consumed reduces the incidents of Asthma attacks.
- To relieve congestion of airways, hold a jug of honey under the patient’s nose. The air which comes in contact with honey and is then inhaled by patient helps in clearing congestion.
- A mixture of root extract of bitter gourd and honey should be taken every night.
- Vitamin A rich foods are a must for Asthmatic patients. These foods include radish, pumpkin, cantaloupe, broccoli, spinach, sweet potatoes, and apricots.
- Vitamin B6 plays a major role in enhancing the autoimmune function of body and hence, it should be consumed in large quantities. These foods include beans, legume, egg, meat, fish, and fortified bread.
- Foods rich in Vitamin C like apple, avocado, kiwifruit, blueberries, melon, peach, pear, and cantaloupe are also recommended.
- Essential fatty acids like Omega-3 are essential for Asthmatic patients and as such, Omega- 3 rich foods like almond, walnut, and flax seeds must be included in your diet.
- Minerals like Selenium enhance the autoimmune system of body, thereby relieving the symptoms of Asthma. As such, selenium rich foods like Brazil nuts, oatmeal, and brown rice are highly recommended.
- Another mineral that assists curing Asthma is Zinc. Zinc rich foods include baked beans, raisin bran, and roasted peanuts.