In this fast paced life, not many have the time to concentrate on their fitness. However, when the body begins to get diseased, there is nothing much one can do apart from trying to reduce weight and get back in shape. It is because of this reason that most fad diets come into being. Metabolism diet is another one of such diets which promise to help you lose weight in 7 days.
A week long fad diet, this is a metabolism boost diet, intended to improve the metabolic rate. The basic principle behind this diet is that if you eat a certain varieties of foods at certain times during the day, you can boost your metabolism which can help you lose your weight.
Most people feel that this fast metabolism diet is nothing but a way to starve your body.
However, proponents of this diet believe that the metabolism diet can help boost metabolism to a large extent. There are certain basic rules of this diet. The first rule is that a person following the diet should at least drink four glasses of water everyday. The second rule of this diet is that those following the crash diet can add herbs, lemon, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon, ketchup and soy sauce to their meals, in a quantity that they deem fit.
Though this diet is intended to speed up metabolism, it is not clear how the pace of the metabolism increases by consuming this diet. Since the diet consists of very small amount of food, there is a lot of criticism of this diet, touting it as simply a way to famish and lose weight by starving.
Like most fad diets, the metabolism diet also does not provide the dieters with enough calories that can help them perform their regular activities normally. Since the amount of calories received from this diet is very low, it is advised that dieters on this diet should not participate in activities that are extreme. Since the diet consists of very minimal food items, consuming the diet for a long period of time can also cause a deficiency of nutrients in the body. Due to this deficiency, there can be many health complications as well.
Here is what this high metabolism diet consists of:
- Day 1: The breakfast consists of coffee or tea, without milk and with a sugar substitute. In lunch, eat two hard boiled eggs and a cup of spinach. For dinner, eat a lettuce and celery salad, with a grilled or broiled six ounce steak.
- Day 2: Breakfast remains the same with the addition of a single dry cracker, the lunch remains the same as previous day’s dinner and at dinner, eat about 8 to 10 ounces of lean ham.
- Day 3: The breakfast remains the same. At lunch, eat two hard boiled eggs with a cup each of tomatoes and green beans. For dinner eat 8 to 10 ounces of lean ham with another cup each of tomatoes and green beans.
- Day 4: Breakfast remains the same. For lunch, eat a single hard boiled egg with a cup of carrots and for dinner, have a cup of yogurt, a cup of fruit salad and an ounce of mozzarella cheese.
- Day 5: Drink a cup of coffee or tea with no milk and sugar substitute along with a glass of lemon juice and one raw carrot. For lunch eat a tomato salad and about 6 ounces of fried fish fillet. For dinner, eat a green salad along with a six ounce grilled or broiled steak.
- Day 6: For breakfast, drink only tea or coffee without milk or sugar, for lunch eat broiled skinless chicken, and for dinner eat two hard boiled eggs with a raw carrot.
- Day 7: On the final day, drink tea with lemon in the morning, for lunch eat 1 ½ cups of fruit salad and 8 ounces of grilled steak. You can eat your choice of dinner.