Natural Remedies For Menopause Hot FlashesMenopause is the last stage in a woman’s reproductive cycle. It is characterized by the end of menstrual flow in women. After menopause, a woman becomes infertile, with no possibility of conceiving.
Women have three transitional stages in their reproductive systems, thereby imparting a change to their lives. A woman is said to have transformed from a maiden to matron by menarche - commencement of menstruation and then to a crone in common language an old lady, by menopause.
Symptoms And Treatment For Menopause PeriodsThe symptoms of menopause are as follows:
These symptoms are quite common in women who are either on the verge of menopause or have just entered into this stage. These symptoms might be troublesome for women and thus, need cure.
- Change in menstruation, that is, inhibition of menstrual cycle
- Dryness of vagina
- Loss of hair on head and sometimes, spur of hairs on face
- Mood swings
- Night sweating or hot flashes
- Increase in weight in some cases
A healthy diet can be the best cure to relieve the symptoms of menopause.
Menopause can be treated by natural remedies, the best being a proper diet. A diet for menopause must include the following:
- An intake of fruits like melons and bananas is highly recommended in this state. These fruits are rich in Potassium and as such, maintain sodium content in body. Also, these foods help avert water retention in body.
- Dried fruits like apricots and figs must also be included in the diet.
- The consumption of salad is also advised on account of its high fiber content. Salad foods can include cucumber, tomatoes, and cabbage.
- Oily fish like salmon is also recommended as a staple in your daily diet.
- The amount of caffeine intake must be restricted and as such, the consumption of coffee, tea, and colas must be checked. Green tea can be a good substitute for coffee.
- Increasing your intake of water is particularly helpful in reducing the effects of symptoms of menopause.
- Seaweeds like Nori, Kombu, and Arame should also be included in your diet.
- Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and linseeds are also advised inclusions in the diet.
- It is better to switch to unprocessed oils like virgin olive oil, wheat germ oil, and flax oil.
- Potatoes must be restricted in your diet. Instead, sweet potatoes are recommended.
- There must be a lot of vegetables in your diet like broccoli, spinach, and peppers.
- Soy products like soya beans or processed soya are highly recommended on account of their high protein content.
- A balanced diet can help alleviate the symptoms of menopause. In case of health concerns, it is advisable to consult a doctor for a better solution to these problems.