Healthy Diet Plans >>
Women Fitness Tips >>
Pycnogenol Supplements for Menopause
Home Remedies for Menopause and Supplements for Menopause
Does pycnogenol relieve hot flashes for women in menopause?
Pycnogenol Information and Health Benefits of Pycnogenol
Pycnogenol is a natural plant extract that is available from the bark of the maritime pine tree. This tree is grown along the coast of the southwest part of France. It contains a number of natural plant chemicals like proanthocyanidins, bioflavonoid and organic acids. Presence of these chemicals makes pycnogenol essential for treating various health disorders.
There are researches going on for studying the benefits of pycnogenol in menopausal women. Confirmed reports may not be available, however according to the studies that are carried out, it is seen that Pycnogenol is helpful in reducing perimenopausal symptoms like hot flashes, panic attacks, cholesterol levels and depression.Pycnogenol can also be used as an alternative for hormone replacement therapy, which is generally undertaken by perimenopausal women.
The beneficial effects of pycnogenol in menopausal women may be due to various reasons which are as follows:
Apart from enhancing the reproductive health of women, pycnogenol is effective against various disorders which are as follows:
- The polyphenols present in pycnogenol like proanthocyanidin, catechin and taxifolin have anti inflammatory effects.
These can help in relaxation of the blood vessels by stimulating the production of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is essential for preventing the development of stiff and narrow blood vessels.
- This extract has antioxidant activity. It can limit the formation of free radicals that are formed by oxidation. These free radicals can damage the body cells and suppress the immune function. This antioxidant activity in pine extract is due to the presence of polyphenols.
- It can relax and improve the elasticity of the skin.
- Being a natural product, these extract can provide good results without any side effects. It is a natural and healthy option unlike hormonal replacement therapy that can have side effects. Pycnogenol is safe to use as it does not bear hormone like activities.
- Apart from menopausal women, young women can also have pycnogenol for enhancing the reproductive health. Pycnogenol can provide relief from menstrual pain and endometriosis. Pycnogenol is a natural anti inflammatory product. Thus it can help in reducing the inflammatory pain associated with menses.
- Pine bark extract can reduce the development of chronic venous insufficiency and can control the development of varicose veins, swelling and blood clots in the legs.
- This extract has the potential in reducing platelet aggregation, thus allowing the blood to follow normally and reducing the formation of blood clots in the blood vessels.
- It is essential for improving sexual response in men. It is useful in treating erectile dysfunction.
- This extract is beneficial for treating retinopathy, a condition where there is gradual breakdown of retina in the eyes.
|Submitted on January 16, 2014