Subscribe to our Newsletter:
Healthy Diet Plans  >>  Questions Asked  >>  Underweight /Weight gain

Weight gain remedies

i m 24 years and my weight is 46,married.i need to put on weight.i got tifight last year after that i loose my weight .will u plz help me out how i can put on weight as i look very thin.thanks.
(April 2, 2008)

Weight Gain Advice 

Have you recovered completely? You have failed to provide information regarding your height, due to which your ideal body weight cannot be determined. Increase your calorie intake. Avoid saturated fats and Trans fats. Use two cooking oils in combination to gain all the essential fatty acids.

Avoid fried foods and processed foods in excess, as they are not the right way of gaining weight. Muscles are gained by performance of certain exercises. Dumb bells, bench presses and barbell rows help in increasing one's weight. Hit the gym and take the help of your fitness trainer.

Increase the intake of vegetables and fruits to provide all the essential nutrients. Tubers are also considered, as they provide with calories. Whole cereal, legumes and pulses are preferred. Dried fruits and nuts are recommended, as they are dense in calories. Dead lifts and bar dips are also recommended. Milk shakes, puddings, muffins, cheese sticks and yoghurt are some high calorie foods. Choose high protein foods, such as pulses, peas and beans. Tapioca, yam, colocasia and sweet potato contributes to starch, and thereby higher calories. Increase your calories per day in a slow manner. Eat five meals, instead of the regular three meals.

Submitted by E L on April 2, 2008 at 03:54


Read more questions in Underweight /Weight gain
Log In Here Close