|Healthy Diet Plans >> Chocolate >> Chocolate Candy|
Are you looking for chocolate candy recipes that are easy to make at home? Look no further; we have assortment of chocolate candy recipes for you such as dark candy chocolate, white chocolate candy, chocolate candy bars, and sugar free candy, which you are simply going to love. Making chocolate candy at home by following our easy-to-make recipes can be a simple task even for a novice. Creating your own chocolate candy at home can be quite an enjoyable and rewarding task.
Here’s a simple recipe you can start with: Pretzel Turtles. For this recipe, you will require 20 mini pretzels, 20 pecan halves, and 20 caramel candies (chocolate covered).
Homemade chocolate candy made from our dark chocolate recipes is for those people who love indulging themselves in a rich, pure and fine chocolate experience. Homemade dark chocolate candy such as the “Dark Chocolate Coconut Clusters” is quite popular with chocolate candy makers. For this recipe you require just two ingredients, 1 ¾ cup of flaked or shredded sweetened coconut and dark chocolate (7 ounces). Take a baking sheet and place the coconut on it. Toast this coconut in a pre-heated oven (325 degrees) for three to five minutes till it turns golden brown, making sure that you stir it after every minute. Once done, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool. The next step involves melting and tempering the chocolate. Add the coconut to the chocolate and make sure you stir it well. Drop spoonfuls of this mixture on a baking sheet that is lined with waxed paper and allow it to set. In the alternative, you can chill the candy in your refrigerator for about 10 to 12 minutes. Store these candies in a container between sheets of waxed paper.
Here’s a white chocolate candy recipe that you are really going to love making. For this recipe you need
• Sweetened condensed milk – 1 can
• White chocolate baking pieces – six ounce packages
• Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
• Coarsely crushed crème-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
To prepare these chocolate candies, take a heavy-bottom saucepan and melt the chocolate squares, milk, and salt. Take it off the flame and add the crushed chocolate sandwich cookies to it. Spread this mixture into a square pan lined with wax-paper. Chill till firm. Turn the chocolate fudge on a plate or cutting board and cut into even pieces after peeling off the paper.
Sugar free chocolate candy is not only tasty but also helps you maintain your sugar-free diet. Here’s a simple recipe. You will need about six to eight slices of bread, peanut butter (¼ cup), wheat germ (1 tbsp), chopped nuts (2 tbsp), cocoa (1 tsp, optional). Cut the bread slices into half after trimming off the crust. Keep this bread and crust overnight and allow it to dry. Add the wheat germ into the crumbled crust along with the peanut butter and chopped nuts and mix well. Next add some peanut oil. In this peanut butter mix, dip the bread slices and top with some nuts before you serve it.
Making hard chocolate candy should be left to the experienced chocolate makers as it requires specialized equipment. You can easily find some exotic chocolate candy recipes such as the chocolate candy cane cookies, gourmet chocolate making recipes, coating recipes as well simple candy and corn recipes online. Chocolate candy gifts when packed in chocolate candy boxes or chocolate candy gift baskets are usually appreciated by everyone who receives them, be it children or adults. You can prepare your own chocolate candy gift baskets in which you can put various types of chocolate candy such as peppermint chocolate candy, chocolate candy hearts, and exotic candy chocolates to make the gift exciting.
Here are some tips to help you while making your chocolate candy.
• Make sure that water does not get into your chocolate. If even a small drop of water gets into your chocolate, it will become grainy.
• Use powdered colors instead of food coloring to color your chocolates. Food colorings contain water and could ruin your chocolate candy.
• Soap takes away the stickiness from your chocolate mold so make sure you do not use soap to wash the mold. Use hot water instead. Ensure that you dry your mold properly as it will make it easy for the chocolate to get loose from the mold.
• Rubbing vegetable oil on your old molds usually helps you get the chocolate easily out of the mold.
• The best way to melt your chocolate is by the traditional method that is quite simple. Place a bowl filed with hot water below another bowl that rests slightly above the water. Put your chocolate in the empty bowl and slowly stir it till it melts.
• The flavoring you add to your chocolate candies should be the best. Ensure that it has very little water quantity else you will have problem mixing it well with your chocolate.
• If you want to add a professional sheen to your chocolate molds, it is best you put it directly into the freezer when it is still warm.
• Make sure that all the ingredients you use to prepare your chocolate candy are of the highest quality and absolutely fresh.
• Do not hesitate to experiment while preparing your chocolate candies. You can play around with various recipes and come up with your own chocolate candy recipe.
• If you find it difficult painting your chocolate because it is too thick, add some paraffin flakes to it. Add in little paraffin flakes at a time to make sure you get the right consistency.
Making your own chocolate candy at home will help you save some money. So go ahead and have a great time making your own chocolate candy.
|Submitted on January 16, 2014|