Weight Loss Work Out Plans For Permanent Weight LossFor many people, shedding weight is a chronic effort. They are constantly trying out various successive diets – unsuccessfully, it seems. Even if they do manage to lose weight, it is only temporary. The pounds pile on again, kick-starting another attempt at weight loss, this time with another special diet.
Tips For Effective Weight Loss For BeginnersHere are a few tips for diet and weight loss, which will ensure that the weight you lose stays off permanently.
- Don’t go on a crash diet to lose weight. Crash diets lead to rapid weight loss, but what your body is losing is only water and glycogen (carbohydrate), and not fat.
Besides, starving your body reduces your metabolic rate. Your body thinks it is going through a ‘famine’ and starts conserving each calorie. Thus you burn calories at a slower pace, and this continues even after you resume a normal diet. Thus you tend to put on more weight.
- Substitute foods rather than eliminate them. Eliminating certain foods from your diet will only make you crave for them after some. This in turn will trigger a bingeing spree. For example, you are fond of say, tortilla chips, and consume several packets every day. Instead of cutting them out of your diet, try substituting with low fat ones.
- Reduce portions. Again, this follows the previous tip. If you feel that you cannot survive without tortilla chips, eat them by all means, but instead of five packets, gradually reduce the amount to four and ultimately to a single pack. Do the same with all portions during meal times.
- Eat smaller but more frequent meals and don’t skip any meal, especially breakfast. Skipping a meal makes you so hungry that you tend to over-eat in the next meal, thus making your weight loss program go for a toss. If you eat small quantities of food, you will always have a feeling of satisfaction, and never over-eat at any meal.
- Include soluble fiber. Fruits, vegetables, cereals and whole grains contain plenty of fiber. Fiber has bulk, which makes you feel full. Fiber also has fewer calories. Eating plenty of fiber thus makes you too full to eat other high calorie food, which in the long run, ensures weight loss.
- Be careful of what you drink. We may not realize it, but all drinks whether, soda, and even whole milk or diet soda contain a lot of calories. Cutting them down and switching to fruit juices or skimmed milk can make a big difference. Also drink lots of water.
- Exercise. Remember that exercise is essential to lose weight. Go for a swim or a walk. Take a bicycle ride. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Try gardening or any other hobby, which involves physical activity. This increases your metabolic rate and helps you burn up calories.
- Most of all, remember to go slow and easy. Try for a sustainable diet and weigh loss program even if it takes a longer time, rather than a quick one, where the weight comes back rapidly.