Egg Whites - Health Benefits And Nutrition Facts
Eggs have always been considered a superior source of proteins. Both egg whites and egg yolks are extremely healthy and can be used for a lot of different recipes. Differently prepared eggs can have different nutrients in them. However, while the egg yolk has very good quality protein, it also has a lot of cholesterol. On the other hand, egg whites are relatively healthier.
Both egg whites and egg yolks have their own health benefits, which makes egg health benefits plenty. If you have high cholesterol, your doctor would suggest you to consume only egg whites. However, since egg yolks also have several health benefits, it is important to consume them as well.
- The most important egg white health benefit is the nutritional gain from these eggs.
- They are free of fats and cholesterol.
- The egg white of a single egg contains both high amounts of proteins and sodium, with very less amount of calories.
- They also contain small amounts of vitamin B, which is healthy for your body.
- Benefits of eating egg white do not stop at these. When you consume it instead of egg yolks, you also avoid consuming a lot of cholesterol.
- The calories and nutrients that you receive are of a much higher quality than that of whole eggs or any other breakfast foods.
- Eggs can leave you feeling a lot fuller than breakfast cereals.
- Therefore, you end up eating less but healthier calories. This is one of the best ways of using egg whites for weight loss.
- There are some benefits of drinking egg white as well.
- Since egg whites have very high quality proteins, they are great for body builders.
- If you are looking for building muscle mass, your trainer would advise you to consume raw egg whites with protein shakes.
- Since they have very little cholesterol in them, there are some egg white uses for diabetes as well.
- They are also extremely convenient as well, since they provide a lot of inexpensive nutrition.
- Owing to their nutritional value and low calories in eggs, egg whites can be used as a substitute for a lot of different recipes that use whole eggs.
Nutrition From Egg White
If you are planning to go on a diet, you can discuss egg white nutrition facts with your dietician. The egg white from one large egg contains:
- 17 calories. See here detailed information on calories in egg whites
- 0.1 gram fat, which is less than 0.1% of the total fat you require during a day.
- 0% cholesterol
- 55 mg sodium, which is about 2% of the daily requirement.
- The total carbohydrate is about 0.2 g, or about 0.2% of the total daily requirement. Almost all of this carbohydrate is derived from sugars.
- 3.6 g proteins
- 2.3 mg of calcium
- 53.8 mg of potassium
Boiled egg nutritional value is the same as raw eggs, though the quality of proteins may change due to the coagulation from heat. The scrambled egg white nutritional information is the same as that of boiled eggs. If you add other ingredients to scrambled eggs, the nutritional values of these ingredients may also be added to the eggs. The nutrients in egg whites are much higher in quality than nutrients in other sources of proteins. With almost no calories in eggs and all the egg health benefits, egg whites are definitely a good food choice.
Egg white is considered an excellent ingredient for skin care. In fact, a lot of face masks contain egg whites as their primary ingredient.
- Egg whites can have a bleaching effect on the skin and can give you appearance of clean and clear skin.
- It can also help your pores appear smaller.
- Smaller pores can help you prevent acne and pimples on your face.
- They also have a deep cleansing effect, therefore improving both skin texture and appearance.
- It tightens the skin, making it look younger for a longer period of time.
- For those who have deep wrinkles on their face, egg whites can have a really healthy effect.
- The face becomes supple and soft. It also helps balance oil, and is ideal for those who have oily skin.
Treatment For Acne Scar:
Egg yolks are great for making your hair healthier; however egg whites are best used for improving skin texture. Egg whites have proteins that are able to absorb excessive oil on the skin. The sebum produced by the sebaceous glands in your skin can clog your pores and cause acne or infection. However, egg white has a deep cleansing effect, and it also tightens the pores, reducing the likelihood of getting acne. You can use egg white to cure acne scars as well.
- In order to use egg whites efficiently, you can beat the egg whites till they become frothy.
- Make sure that you beat the egg whites in a clean bowl that does not have any moisture in it.
- Apply this frothy egg white on your face for fifteen minutes and allow it to dry.
- The smell of the raw egg whites can be really foul, but once you wash your skin, it would look a lot better and so the smell may be worth it.
- Always rinse the egg white with cold water.
- Rinse it well and pat dry using a soft towel or a washcloth.
- You can use a moisturizer afterwards to trap moisture and keep the skin soft.
- Repeating this regularly can help cure scars on your skin.
- You may also exfoliate regularly in order to keep your skin healthier.
- The egg white mask can also be used to reduce acne on your skin so that in the long run, you do not have acne problems and do not develop any scars due to it.
For Wrinkles Treatment:
Research has shown that applying a face mask made of egg whites can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the delicate eye area. However, this effect on the fine lines is only temporary. There are 69 different proteins in egg whites, and these are useful for repairing your skin. To obtain the most benefits out of egg whites, it is best to apply the egg whites just before you go out. Since the egg white’s effects on the skin are only temporary, it is best to apply it immediately before you have an important event planned.
- Beat the egg white till it is foamy and then apply it all over your face and neck using your index and middle finger.
- Using gentle circular motions, rub the egg whites into your skin.
- After applying the egg white on your face, let it dry for a few minutes.
- Ideally, it takes about 30 minutes for the egg white to dry completely.
- Wash this with cold water and pat skin dry with a soft and clean towel.
- You can then moisturize your skin and apply cosmetics.
- In case you are venturing out in the sun, apply some sunscreen to protect your skin from sun damage. There are no medical studies or evidence that suggests permanent removal of wrinkles using egg whites. While the appearance of wrinkles may diminish by applying egg whites, in the long term this remedy may not be as useful. It may be better to use some other remedies that promise more permanent or long term results.