Kidney Pain Diet
Kidney pain is caused due to various disorders. It could result from causes such as kidney infection, kidney stones, polycystic kidney disease, and kidney cancer. Kidney pain is intense and sharp and very rarely aching and dull. Following a proper kidney pain diet can to some extent help provide relief from the pain.
In many cases, kidney pain is caused due to stones formed in the kidney.
Following a kidney pain diet can help prevent the formation of kidney stones. The most important thing one can do is drink plenty of fluids. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. For those with a calcium kidney stone, it is advisable to eat less salt. Also check with your dietician about what your calcium requirements are. Those who have an oxalate stone need to limit the consumption of certain foods such as teas, coffee, colas, and chocolates. They should also eat less of dark green vegetables, peanuts, tofu and beans, and sweet potatoes. Draft beer needs to be limited as well. It is important that you eat a balanced diet that is not very high in protein got from animals. This includes foods such as chicken, beef, fish, pork, and eggs. These foods have a high content of protein. It is, therefore, best that you talk to your dietitian about your protein requirements. It is also important that you avoid grapefruit juice. Drinking lemonade helps as it has high levels of citrate that may prevent the formation of kidney stones. One should avoid alcohol and soda though while suffering from kidney pain. Drinking aloe vera and corn silk tea is extremely beneficial to flush your kidneys. Drinking coconut water can also provide relief from kidney pain. One way in which you can dissolve your kidney stones is by using natural phosphoric acid sources such as vinegar and lemons in your food. Water-soluble fibers have laxative properties and help remove kidney stones from the body. Some fruits and vegetables have high levels of water-soluble fibers and including them in your diet can be extremely beneficial to get rid of kidney stones. No matter what diet plan you want follow, be it the “HCG diet for kidney pain,” “the low carb diet for kidney pain,” “the high protein diet for kidney pain,” or “the Dukan diet for kidney pain treatment,” it is best you talk to your doctor and find out the pros and cons before you begin. More on kidney stones causes and treatment
Kidney Pain Foods
The kidneys play an important role in our bodies by helping to filter the blood and remove waste materials. Just as in the case of any complex organs there are many things that could go wrong with your kidneys and cause kidney pain. These include problems such as toxic build-up, stones, and inflammation. Fortunately, there are several kidney pain foods that can help reduce kidney pain. These include:
Kidney pain foods to avoid include vegetables and foods that have a high percent of salt and oxalic acid. Foods such as beetroot, beet greens, blackberries, fruit cake, green peppers, legumes, leeks, parsley, peanut oil, red currants, tea, wheat germ soy products, sweet potatoes, black raspberries, and eggplant should be avoided. However, you can consume a minimal amount of these foods once in a while. In case of kidney pain after food poisoning, make sure you prevent dehydration by drinking plenty of fluids. Rice water or barley water helps soothe an inflamed stomach. Some people experience kidney pain due to food intolerance. Once you figure out what foods are causing the pain, care should be taken to eliminate those particular food items from your diet.
- Cranberries are extremely good for your kidneys and help with bladder infections. They help raise the acidity levels of a person’s urine, and these increased acidity levels in turn help kill off any bacterial in the urinary tract kidney and bladder. Cranberries also help dissolve kidney stones. Also see kidney stones diet
- Watermelons have a high moisture content that assists in proper kidney functioning. Watermelon is an excellent diuretic and passes quickly through the system. Once can use watermelon seeds to prepare a tea that can help stimulate the kidneys and break up kidney stones.
- Grapes and celery can also provide kidney pain nutrition in case of existing kidney ailments. They can also help prevent the formation of kidney stones and provide relief from kidney pain. Consuming celery on a regular basis can help in the prevention of kidney stones formation. Grapes on the other hand are low in sodium chloride and albumin and high in water content. By including both grapes and celery in your diet you can promote the healthy functioning of your kidney and get relief from pain
- Red bell peppers are high in vitamins B-6, A, and C and folic acid, all of which are good for the kidneys.
- Egg whites are a good source of protein. They are also high in amino acids and can prevent kidney pain.