Diet and Health Issues
Eating healthy food goes a long way in promoting good health. An unhealthy diet along with genetic, behavioral and social factors is associated with the majority of health problems. Several research studies prove that what we eat affects our health in the long run.
Health Diet and Foods can heal a diseased body and act as a medicine to nourish and restore the body to wholeness of health. Healthy eating can reduce the symptoms as well as reverse various chronic conditions like diabetes, cancer, TB, arthritis and asthma. While several diseases cannot be totally cured but at the most alleviated, a healthy diet and lifestyle can prevent them.
In fact food therapy where a combination of foods and herbs is used, forms the basis of the healing system of various cultures. While no single perfect food exists, certain foods are known to allay certain diseases as well as reverse them. For instance:
- Onion and garlic contain allyl sulfides, chemicals that inhibit the production of cancer causing chemicals and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Bitter vegetables like bitter gourd and fenugreek are proven to control diabetes.
- Iron-rich vegetables like spinach, beets, bananas and tomatoes prevent and cure anemia.
- Dried black raisins have high alkaline content, excellent for acidosis.Vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables like indian gooseberry (Indian gooseberry), lime and sprouted green gram beans prevent and cure colds
Eating healthy food should be an enjoyable experience and maintaining fixed food time regularities is important. However, caution must be observed while selecting a particular diet as some diets target specific foods like carbohydrate-rich foods, high-fat foods and low protein foods, as being responsible for weak health.
Following simple diet guidelines while addressing your health issues will go a long way in enhancing the quality of your life.
- Enjoy variety in fruits and vegetables.
- Include vegetarian protein sources like beans, nuts, low-fat milk and less animal protein.
- Incorporate beneficial unsaturated fat from olive oil in your diet.
- Use whole grains and not refined foodstuff.