|Healthy Diet Plans >> Healthy snacks >> Healthy Snacks For Weight Loss|
Healthy Snacks For Weight Loss
Just started a diet, and yet, you find yourself craving a snack at odd hours of the day? Or is your workout routine making you hungrier than ever? Unfortunately, irresponsible snacking can cause your whole weight loss plan to collapse. As they say, you are what you eat, and most snacks are normal high-fat, sugary or salty and high calorie that do not provide much nutrition, and leave you feeling unsatisfied.
Snacks like chips or candy bars are the perfect example of this.
Here is a list of healthy weight loss snacks that you can use.
• Grains and beans and fruits like apples, peaches, berries, plums mango or citrus are full of fiber. So keep some of these good weight loss snacks ready for that next craving.
• Foods like meat, fish, poultry, cheese, eggs, avocados, and salads are low on the glycemic index, so they slowly release energy, leaving you feeling satisfied for longer.
• Nuts have carbs and protein in almost equal measure, but also have a large amount of good fats in them. Macadamia nuts, pistachios, almonds, hazelnut, or walnuts make great snacks, but try not to get salted ones. Keep some nuts handy, and you will not need to reach for that bag of chips.
• Yogurt is a great snack with keeps you energetic instead of sapping energy. It is low on calories and high on carbs, so it makes a really healthy weight loss snack.
• Eat fresh, raw or lightly cooked veggies.
• Try a healthy trail mix that will keep you energetic through a tiring morning.
Search for some healthy snacks for weight loss recipes if you want to turn these foods into more appetizing avatars. Also, remember that whatever you eat, you should not eat too much. A good snack should only contain 150 to 200 calories, so do not confuse a snack and a full meal.
|Submitted on January 16, 2014|