Natural Remedies For Heart Burn And Herbal Cures
Clinically called Pyrosis, heartburn is actually an ailment of the esophagus and not of the chest or throat. When the food is ingested, it passes through the esophagus to the stomach. While moving into the stomach, the sphincter, or valve between esophagus and stomach, opens up and once the goes to the stomach, the valve is closed. Sometimes, this valve doesn’t close and a reflux of food mixed with gastric juices occurs. As gastric juices consists of concentrated hydrochloric acid, regurgitation of food with gastric juices leads to an inflammation of the lining of the esophagus.
The symptoms of heartburn, other than an inflammation of the esophagus can be a persistent sore throat, chronic cough, and chest pain.
As heartburn is quite pervasive and not so severe in nature, natural remedies can be employed to alleviate the problem.
Some of the natural remedies to cure heartburn are:
- Consume a mixture of honey with lemon juice. This is a good natural remedy to cure the ailment.
- Chewing fennel is also advised as it helps relieve the burning sensation associated with heartburn.
- An intake of five to ten grams of jaggery is also recommended to relieve acidity.
- Chewing clove at regular intervals is also recommended to serve this purpose.
- Carbonated drinks help relieve inflammation instantly.
- The juice of raw potatoes, mixed with some other juice is a recommended solution to cure heartburn.
- Drinking chamomile tea after meals is also advised.
- Consuming Aloe Vera juice is also recommended to cure heartburn.
Diet Recommendations For Heart BurnHere are some diet recommendations that will help to keep heartburn away:
- Fruits like bananas and apples must be included in your diet.
- Milk products like yogurt and cold milk are also helpful in reducing the effects of heartburn.
- Citrus fruits like grapefruit, orange, and lime should not to be consumed in large amounts as they trigger heartburn.
- The consumption of spicy and oily foods must be curtailed.
- An intake of uncooked almonds is recommended.
- You should also eat cucumbers in large amounts.
- Fatty foods must be avoided.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited for patients with acute and frequent incidents of heartburn.
- The caffeine content must be reduced in your diet. Green tea can be a good substitute for coffee for those suffering from heartburn.
- The consumption of chocolates and peppermints must be restricted.